ncm300

Post your questions and comments here.
airrock

ncm300

Post by airrock »

Hi,
I recently installed an EWC model ncm300 zone control system to operate a 2 zone system with a carrier 58mvc furnace, the problems experienced are large amounts of air being drawn into the return and somewhat overpowering the supply. This effect is causing an abundance of turbulent air which is resulting in reduced comfort during the heating season. It is also causing return air to be drawn from any orifice in the house at an alarming rate that enhances the drafts.
I have been told that the ewc control will not operate effectively with a carrier 58 mvc furnace. The issue lies with the fact that the control will not work in unison with the hi/med/low staging of the furnace therby creating too much air flow when only one zone is pcalling. To make it work for now I have the dp's set to single med heat. I am ready to replace the controls with the Infinity zoning system as carrier has reccomended, but I wanted your input on this.
I have also been advised by my piers in the industry that this issue has happened with them as well. Are there any tsb updates for this problem? I read in the manual that the ncm300 works with "most" 3 stage systems, is the carrier furnace one that it does not work with?

Thank you before hand for any guidance you can provide,
Eric K.

Re: ncm300

Post by Eric K. »

Are you the gentleman that John Brown is currently in contact with?
airrock

Re: ncm300

Post by airrock »

yes