DAPC odd behavior

Post your questions and comments here.
underqualifieditguu

DAPC odd behavior

Post by underqualifieditguu »

Good evening,

I have a 2 year old Amana HVAC system with a 2-stage furnace and variable speed blower. This unit serves only the upstairs of my home and is split into two zones using an EWC zone controller.

We have had various issues with the system ever since it was installed such as over/under cooling certain rooms as well as issues with how loud the system is when operating in stage 2 in a single zone. We’ve tried many things over the years to fix the issues including air sealing/insulating the attic, changing individual ducts, adjusting dampers and so on.

In the latest attempt to address our issues with how loud the air can be, the HVAC company installed an EWC DAPC as there is not enough room for a traditional bypass damper to be installed.

The issue that we’re facing now is that when the system is calling for air in a single zone, we can audibly hear the air speeding up and slowing down over and over again about every 30-45 seconds during the cooling cycle. I am not an expert on how this product works so correct me if I am wrong but my understanding is that it is constantly reading the systems static pressure and opening/closing the powered dampers to compensate as it increases/decreases.

Is it possible that something is misconfigured which would cause the behavior that I described? I wrote to the HVAC company but I think this is the first unit of this kind that they’ve installed and they don’t fully understand it themselves so here I am.

I would like to be armed with as much information as possible about what may be causing this so that I may be able to drive the issue to resolution with the HVAC company.

Many thanks for reading this!