BMPlus 3000 with 4 zone 2 stage heat pump Questions/Need Help

Post your questions and comments here.
dennisabrown

BMPlus 3000 with 4 zone 2 stage heat pump Questions/Need Help

Post by dennisabrown »

We have a relatively new home built in 2018, moved into in Jan 2019.
We had a 4 zone system installed in out 2800 sq ft home. The contractor installed a BMPLUS 3000 with a XM2 to get the fourth zone.
Two thermostats are Honeywell Lyric TH6220WF2006 and two are Ecobee 3 Elite.
In wintertime, the living room T stat is set to 71 Heat, the spare bedrooms to 66 Heat, the Bonus Room to 68 Heat, and the Master bedroom is turned OFF.
During an annual HVAC system checkout in Dec 2021, the tech noted the electric strips were burned out, and replaced them. To my knowledge they did not do any changes to the EWC controller. Our wintertime electric bills continue to be tremendous. I am attaching a copy of the recent Duke Energy Energy Usage Analysis, so you can see temps and usage. Also, we had a third party complete Duke Energy Program reviews during construction to verify and correct any insulation and air leakage issues. We also had blower door test and duct leakage test that were below the required allowable maximum amounts, so I do not think we have any “open leaks” of outside air into the house or system.
I am curious if there are settings or wiring issues that are causing the electric strips to run all the time or too much, or whatever other things could be contributing to the excessive power usage and bills.
The contractor installed an OAS sensor on the outside unit, but not 100% sure if it is hooked up properly or programmed properly.
The following settings are on the four adjustable controllers at the top:
Staging Timer/OAS –
Low Temp Limit – 34
High Temp Limit – 130
Second Stage Heat Differential – 33

Also, as I just went to check the above settings, the status light is blinking, Zones 1,2,3, & 4 are green, and the W1/B light is red, but neither the air handling unit nor the outside compressor are running. And the outside temperature is 66 degrees.

The dip switches are set as follows:
1- HP
2- CONV
3- HP
4- O
5- TIMER
6- OFF
7- ON
8- HYDRONIC
I would like to talk with someone to discuss what else I can verify myself or get a service tech to check out. Most service techs do not seem to be familiar with a zone controller, and simply say they either do not know how they work or think they are worthwhile.

I would appreciate the time to call you to verify proper setup and see if there are any issues I need to change or get a tech out to investigate.
What other info can I get to you before that call, so you have all the info you can at hand?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Steven W.

Re: BMPlus 3000 with 4 zone 2 stage heat pump Questions/Need Help

Post by Steven W. »

Give us a call when you are in front of the board we can help you out.

1-800- 446-3110
Steven R. Weisneck
Technical Engineer
Tel: (732) 446-3110 Ext. #461
www.ewccontrols.com
sweisneck@ewccontrols.com
dennisabrown

Re: BMPlus 3000 with 4 zone 2 stage heat pump Questions/Need Help

Post by dennisabrown »

Steven,
after getting a closer look, I do not have a wire on the W1/B terminal.
I am attaching a pic of the terminal and wires.
I can call back if I need to, just have a meeting at 3, so it may be later or tomorrow.
What time do you close today?

I did change the OAS to 35.

Let me know your suggestions.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.