Honeywell Damper Replacement and NCM-300

Post your questions and comments here.
pdecleir

Honeywell Damper Replacement and NCM-300

Post by pdecleir »

I have a 3-zone forced air heating system, installed 2007, and plan to replace the NCM-300 with a new NCM-300 and also replace the three damper motors. Two of the damper motors are Honeywell M847D1012. The mounting for the Honeywell motor is different than the MA-ND3 Motor replacement kit. I'm wondering if it's possible and how difficult it is to replace the Honeywell with the MA-ND3 motor kit? See attached photos. I also need to replace my existing MA-ND3 damper because the shaft doesn't change position when closed or open (photo). My NCM-300 shows a blinking red "Status" light and the zone lights are solid red (photo). I couldn't find details in the manual to tell me if all red lights in the control panel indicate a fault. Lots of questions. I will appreciate all advice. Thank-you!
NCM.jpg
Honeywell.jpg
MA-ND3.png.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Steven W.

Re: Honeywell Damper Replacement and NCM-300

Post by Steven W. »

The red blinking light is a good thing that is telling you there is power to your board.
Our MRK kit will not work with the honeywell motors they have a different size shaft. You will need to replace the whole damper with a new one.
For the ND-3 you can replace those with the MRK Motor Replacement Kit.

You can order them threw:
www.supplyhouse.com
Or
www.ewcestore.com
Steven R. Weisneck
Technical Engineer
Tel: (732) 446-3110 Ext. #461
www.ewccontrols.com
sweisneck@ewccontrols.com
pdecleir

Post by pdecleir »

Thanks for the feedback. I will replace the MA-ND3 with the MRK and the NCM-300, no problem. As for the M847D1012, it's will be easier for me to find a compatible replacement (e.g. TRUEZONE) rather than replacing the complete damper. I'd hoped to keep the system with only EWC components for best compatibility, but I guess that's not a great option, unless you advise otherwise. Many thanks.
Steven W.

Post by Steven W. »

Any damper will work with the NCM
Steven R. Weisneck
Technical Engineer
Tel: (732) 446-3110 Ext. #461
www.ewccontrols.com
sweisneck@ewccontrols.com