MA-RDN motor removal

Post your questions and comments here.
jkandls

MA-RDN motor removal

Post by jkandls »

I am in the process of removing the old MA-RDN damper motor, but I can not get it to slide off the damper. Any suggestions
I am replacing it with the MA-ND4

thanks

jk
Pcyrana

Re: MA-RDN motor removal

Post by Pcyrana »

Have you removed the set screw on the damper blade shaft?
It is secured by a 3/32" allen-wrench.
After the set screw is removed you will then remove the four screws that hold the motor to the actuator.
Once those steps are completed the motor should pull straight off.
jkandls

Re: MA-RDN motor removal & wiring

Post by jkandls »

I have now replaced the motor with the new MA-ND4 model. My question now is about wiring. I have attached 3 pictures, both motors & the control panel showing zone 1 ( of a 4 zone system ) the wires were connected as follows prior to change....White - nothing, red to #1, blue - # 2, green # 4.
The new motor has 3 places 1,4,6 with 4 being the open & 6 being the close. I can not determine which goes where even when looking at the control panel. Please help if possible. thank you
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pcyrana

Post by Pcyrana »

Here is what you need to do in order to properly wire that motor.

- Take the blue wire from the M2 terminal on the Zone 2 motor terminal block on the zone panel and move it to the M6 terminal of that same terminal block.
- Wire the motor as follows -
M1/C - Red
M4/PO - Green
M6/PC - Blue
They will now wire terminal for terminal; M1 to M1, M4 to M4 and M6 to M6.

If any issues arise, let me know.
jkandls

Post by jkandls »

Okay, I changes the wires as you stated, but the motor would not open the damper. here are a few more pics of my zone board.
On pic # 2 ( zone 1&2) , I moved the blue wire on the top left terminal block. The one below I did not touch, but the colors don't match up & this one states above that it is zone 1. Shouldn't this block be wired the same as well from what you can see ? I also noticed that the red wire isn't even in it.

Thank you again for the help
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pcyrana

Post by Pcyrana »

That red wire not being connected will definitely cause a problem to occur. Without any wired connected to the M1 terminal as it appears, you will not have any power at that damper.
jkandls

Post by jkandls »

I did find last weekend that the red wire was the culprit. It's all working now. I believe it was the last technician out that may have left the wire like that

thanks