Daikin DX20VC & UT-3000 Problem & Solution

Post your questions and comments here.
balsone

Daikin DX20VC & UT-3000 Problem & Solution

Post by balsone »

First of all a huge thank you to John Brown and Luis for spending a couple of hours on the phone with me troubleshooting and ultimately correcting my issue!

I'm a homeowner who had a variable Daikin 5-ton unit installed with a UT-3000 zoning system and 3 zones each using a CTK04 stat. The unit was behaving erratically, sometimes it would keep running after the stats told it to turn off and it always seemed to be running at 70% of compressor capacity rather than modulating properly. Luis, John, and I talked on the phone and discovered that the voltage bias for communications was off. It was determined that the dip switches at the condenser unit were in the wrong position. The Daikin manual states that these switches need to be in the on position but when using the UT-3000 for zoning the EWC manual says they need to be off. This wasn't caught or known by the contractor so they were in the wrong position. Fixing that got the voltages corrected and ended the weird issue of the unit continuing to run with no call for cooling. I still had the problem of the compressor always seeming to run at 70%. John informed me that this was due to one or more of the stats calling for dehumidification. Apparently any time there is a dehu call the Daikin compressor will run at 70% and a reduced blower speed to decrease coil temps and increase latent heat removal. Once we turned off dehumidification in the settings menu for each stat the compressor started modulating as per normal. I'm positive that John and Luis saved me many more hours of troubleshooting by myself and with my contractor and I'm grateful that EWC has such an open communication policy with contractors and homeowners alike. If anyone else ends up with this issue or wants more info please let me know, I'd be happy to give more details of the end setup that has made me happy with the new unit.
Paul Z.

Re: Daikin DX20VC & UT-3000 Problem & Solution

Post by Paul Z. »

Call John Brown 1-800-446-3110 X462.