MA ND4 green Open led means damper closed????

Post your questions and comments here.
gbl

MA ND4 green Open led means damper closed????

Post by gbl »

I'm wondering if my installers wired my system incorrectly. I've got 2 zones connected to an EWC ST-2D Control Panel, American Standard AUH2C100A9V4VA gas furnace. The EWC ST-2D is connected to each MA ND4 as follows:

EWC-ST-2D M1..........MA ND4 M1
EWC-ST-2D M4..........MA ND4 M4
EWC-ST-2D M6..........MA ND4 M6

The EWC-ST-2D SW1 and SW2 toggles are both set to open

MA ND4 zone 1 and zone 2 both have green 'open' led lit which seems to mean the damper is closed

If I crank the heat all the way down in zone 1, crank the heat all the way up in zone 2 the furnace comes on, and heat flows through the zone 2 heating ducts. No heat is flowing through the zone 1 heating ducts just as I would expect.

But....
The zone 2 MA ND4 closed RED led is on and the damper is open (e.g. heat is flowing to zone 2)
The zone 1 MA ND4 open GREEN led is on and the damper is closed (e.g. no heat is flowing to zone 1)

The leds make no sense to me. Green Open is lit when the damper is closed and Red Closed is lit when the damper is open is this just a semantic issue? Closed motor means open damper and open motor means closed damper?

thanks for any information.
Eric K.

Re: MA ND4 green Open led means damper closed????

Post by Eric K. »

It sounds as if something may be reversed somewhere. Please call us while you are home and we can take the time to troubleshoot and hopefully resolve the issue you are experiencing. When you call please have a small screwdriver and a multi-meter handy.

Eric
HardenFamily

Post by HardenFamily »

I’m having this same issue and one of mine devices that is working is in the 10-11 o’clock position and the light is green. The other that isn’t working is in the 1-2 o’clock position and when I push the black button it tries to turn for a half second then doesn’t move and turns red again.
Steven W.

Post by Steven W. »

Can you give us a call on this motor problem today

Steven R. Weisneck
HVAC Zoning Technician
Tel: (732) 446-3110 Ext. #461
www.ewccontrols.com
sweisneck@ewccontrols.com
M-F 8:00am - 4:30pm
Steven R. Weisneck
Technical Engineer
www.ewccontrols.com
Steven W.

Post by Steven W. »

Green light - (Damper) is open
Red light - (Damper) is closed

M1-"C" Common
M4-"PO" Power open
M6- "PC" Power close
Steven R. Weisneck
Technical Engineer
www.ewccontrols.com