Thermostat Options for EWC-ST Series Control Panels

Post your questions and comments here.
nlagaros

Re: Thermostat Options for EWC-ST Series Control Panels

Post by nlagaros »

I had the same zone controller and wasn't satisfied with available options for thermostats. I specifically wanted to install Venstar thermostats in all zones. I purchased the NCM300 and installed this past weekend. It turned out great - quality controller and has status lights so you can see exactly what it thinks it should be doing.
stefandalan

Post by stefandalan »

I like options! And no issues with the seond zone? Same thermostat for both zones?
nlagaros

Post by nlagaros »

I was able to use Venstar 1800 in all zones. The only thing I had to be concerned with was having enough wires in the secondary zones. I had only 3 wires available and had to use the Venstar add-a-wire kit to have 4. I used one for R, C, W, Y and tied together W & G on the controller so the fan turns on with heat for the secondary zones. I had enough wires to have G independent in the main zone.
Eric K.

Post by Eric K. »

When using the NCM-300 the 4th wire 'G' is not necessary unless you want fan only operation from that thermostat.
winkyonthewater

Post by winkyonthewater »

I live in SE Texas and have an EWC-ST-2D with two zones (gas heating and A/C). I am like stefandalan with both thermostats being old mercury bulb Ultra-Zone type 1F35-613. I assume the Honeywell Model TH4110D1007 would be compatible for my zone 1 thermostat as well? If so, which wiring diagram would I use? Offerings in the manual are:

1. Typical 1H/1C system: 1 transformer
2. Typical 1H/1C system: 2 transformers
3. Typical 1H/1C heat pump system--this one seems to match the closest, but I don't have a heat pump

Any other settings to consider during set up? Thanks.
Pcyrana

Post by Pcyrana »

The wiring configuration you are going to use will not follow any of the ones depicted in the Honeywell manual.

With that thermostat I would follow figure #10 on the diagram from the link below.

http://ewccontrols.com/acrobat/090375a0115.pdf
bcatenzaro

Post by bcatenzaro »

I am looking to purchase the Honeywell TH4110D1007 for my zone 1 thermostat, but which thermostat would be appropriate for zone 2?
Pcyrana

Post by Pcyrana »

The Honeywell TH4110 thermostat will be appropriate for Zone 2 as well.

Other than that, any standard conventional Heat/Cool thermostat will work on Zone 2.
winkyonthewater

Post by winkyonthewater »

Patrick, one final question. So in diagram #10, should the R & R1 terminals be jumpered or not? It is not clear to me with the dashed lines between terminal blocks. Thanks.
Pcyrana

Post by Pcyrana »

No, you do not connect the R1 and R. That diagram is simply showing how the two separate terminal blocks both represent Zone One. That is how it is depicted on the actual circuit board as well.