Honeywell Damper Replacement and NCM-300

Post your questions and comments here.
pdecleir

Honeywell Damper Replacement and NCM-300

Post by pdecleir »

I have a 3-zone forced air heating system, installed 2007, and plan to replace the NCM-300 with a new NCM-300 and also replace the three damper motors. Two of the damper motors are Honeywell M847D1012. The mounting for the Honeywell motor is different than the MA-ND3 Motor replacement kit. I'm wondering if it's possible and how difficult it is to replace the Honeywell with the MA-ND3 motor kit? See attached photos. I also need to replace my existing MA-ND3 damper because the shaft doesn't change position when closed or open (photo). My NCM-300 shows a blinking red "Status" light and the zone lights are solid red (photo). I couldn't find details in the manual to tell me if all red lights in the control panel indicate a fault. Lots of questions. I will appreciate all advice. Thank-you!
NCM.jpg
Honeywell.jpg
MA-ND3.png.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Steven W.

Re: Honeywell Damper Replacement and NCM-300

Post by Steven W. »

The red blinking light is a good thing that is telling you there is power to your board.
Our MRK kit will not work with the honeywell motors they have a different size shaft. You will need to replace the whole damper with a new one.
For the ND-3 you can replace those with the MRK Motor Replacement Kit.

You can order them threw:
www.supplyhouse.com
Or
www.ewcestore.com
Steven R. Weisneck
Technical Engineer
Tel: (732) 446-3110 Ext. #461
www.ewccontrols.com
sweisneck@ewccontrols.com
pdecleir

Post by pdecleir »

Thanks for the feedback. I will replace the MA-ND3 with the MRK and the NCM-300, no problem. As for the M847D1012, it's will be easier for me to find a compatible replacement (e.g. TRUEZONE) rather than replacing the complete damper. I'd hoped to keep the system with only EWC components for best compatibility, but I guess that's not a great option, unless you advise otherwise. Many thanks.
Steven W.

Post by Steven W. »

Any damper will work with the NCM
Steven R. Weisneck
Technical Engineer
Tel: (732) 446-3110 Ext. #461
www.ewccontrols.com
sweisneck@ewccontrols.com
satthepbienhoa

Post by satthepbienhoa »

For Honeywell damper replacement, it involves swapping out the current damper with a compatible Honeywell model for air control systems. It's essential to ensure that the replacement damper matches your system's size and specifications.

The NCM-300 is a network control module often used in HVAC automation, responsible for integrating and controlling various building systems like dampers, sensors, and HVAC units. When replacing or working with this module, proper wiring, configuration, and software integration are critical.

Let me know if you need more specific details or guidance on this process.
Sat Thep Bien Hoa
Technical Engineer
Sat Thep Bien Hoa