Fan (ventilation) not working BMPlus3000 & Braeburn5000

Post your questions and comments here.
steve@dundorf.org

Fan (ventilation) not working BMPlus3000 & Braeburn5000

Post by steve@dundorf.org »

I am trying to operate in either periodic or continuous fan circulation mode and neither works. All green wires are connected to the two thermostats (2 zone system, Braeburn 5000s) and to the furnace (Trane XV95).

On BMPlus3000 panel:
"Fan" light is NOT on.
Zone 1, Zone 2, Zone 3 lights are on.
Status light is blinking.
DIP switch for fan set to "Gas"
There is no current call for heating. No cooling is connected.

On Braeburn 5000s
Fan is set to "On" on both and I can hear the relays click. "R" cycle doesn't work either.

This would seem to be a BMPlus3000 panel issue since "Fan" light is not coming on but not sure... Any thoughts?

-Steve
mercurialthreat

Re: Fan (ventilation) not working BMPlus3000 & Braeburn5000

Post by mercurialthreat »

It appears there might be an issue with the BMPlus3000 panel since the "Fan" light is not coming on. Given that all connections seem fine, you might want to check the panel settings or consult the manual for troubleshooting tips. If the issue persists, reaching out to the manufacturer's support could provide further assistance.
lennysmith

Re: Fan (ventilation) not working BMPlus3000 & Braeburn5000

Post by lennysmith »

I had a similar thing happen with my system a while back. Have you checked for any simple stuff like a tripped circuit breaker or a blown fuse? Sometimes it's the little things that get you.

Also, a reset of the BMPlus3000 might do the trick. I'm not sure if you've tried holding down the reset button (if it has one), but that can sometimes clear up weird issues.

If you're still stuck, there's a list of reliable h HVAC pros I found a while back. They're considered some of the best in the US and might be able to give you a pointer or two, or even recommend someone local if you're not nearby: https://patch.com/florida/miami/5-best- ... cals-trust

Cheers