ST-2D zones are not working properly

Post your questions and comments here.
aliirfann

ST-2D zones are not working properly

Post by aliirfann »

I have an ST-2D control panel which takes input from 2 thermostats, first and second floor. First floor thermostat is a 6 wire thermostat and second floor thermostat is a 3 wire thermostat. First floor thermostat is connected to zone 1 tstat on the panel and 2nd floor thermostat is connected to zone 2.
Below are the observation:
1) First floor calls for heat AND second floor calls for heat —> Furnace is on and both dampers close.
2) First floor calls for heat AND second floor does not call for heat —> furnace turned on and second floor damper is open while first floor damper stay closed.
3) Second floor calls for heat AND First floor does not call for heat—> furnace is on and first floor damper opens and second floor damper stays closed.
4) neither first or second floor calls for heat furnace is off both damper close.
I tried to switch output to damper motor so that motor 1 from panel output to Motor 2 and vice versa then the problem seen in observation 2,3, and 4 above were resolved i.e. furnace and dampers were on/open and off/closed as expected. However problem described in observation 1 continues i.e. when both zones called for heat furnace stayed on yet both dampers were closed.

Another thing I noticed was that even though there are six wire including blue and orange from 1st floor thermostat connected on the t-stat 1, on system side only 4 wires were connected to the panel the other 2 remaining wire were left not connected.

Dampers are using MAN motors and both motors and control panel are less than 2 months old.

AC also exhibits this word phenomenon when I.e. calling wrong dampers to open etc.

I have pictures of control panel thermostat and the equipment if needed. I have tried getting professionals to come take a look at it and 3 people have come with three different diagnosis which tells me at least 2 or at most all of them are wrong. Please help because I start troubleshooting this problem in my sleep and wake up in the middle of the night. Help plzzzzzzzzz.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Steven W.

Re: ST-2D zones are not working properly

Post by Steven W. »

please give us a call
732-446-3110
Steven R. Weisneck
Technical Engineer
Tel: (732) 446-3110 Ext. #461
www.ewccontrols.com
sweisneck@ewccontrols.com
aliirfann

Post by aliirfann »

Could you please recommend a specific pro1 thermostat, the one pro1 recommended requires a c wire.
Also, in this master slave type thermostat relationship what is the purpose of blue and orange wires as I don’t see a connection for a heat pump?
Steven W.

Post by Steven W. »

PRO 1 Thermostats
T601-2 – None Programmable
T725 - Programmable-This one is your best bet
T855 - Programmable
T855i – WiFi Thermostat
T955WH – Wireless Thermostat
Steven R. Weisneck
Technical Engineer
www.ewccontrols.com
aliirfann

Post by aliirfann »

I went ahead and changed both zone 1 and 2 thermostats (t601-2) as recommended but there is no change. The problem continues as described in my original post above.
Steven W.

Post by Steven W. »

Make sure your zone dampers are going to the correct Zone. When you get a chance give me a call again. I will be in the office all day today.

732-446-3110 x461

Steven
Steven R. Weisneck
Technical Engineer
www.ewccontrols.com