REplace HAI RC-80 Thermostat with Nest Gen3

Post your questions and comments here.
alleyjr

REplace HAI RC-80 Thermostat with Nest Gen3

Post by alleyjr »

We're looking to replace 3 HAI Omnistat RC-80 Thermostats with Nest. We have a Single-Stage Gas furnace with the NCM 300 Zone Control system with 3 zones. I can see where to plug in the Thermostat with the 5 existing wires, but don't find what the wires are that control the damper for the zone. And I haven't been able to trace the 4 additional relay wires from the thermostat to anywhere on the furnace or zone controller.

Is there any way I can do this install myself? Or do I need a certified Nest installer to replace it? Attached is the picture of the existing thermostat. I can get photos of the zone controller, but it looks to be a standard install with 3 zones. Any help would be appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mgseal

Re: REplace HAI RC-80 Thermostat with Nest Gen3

Post by mgseal »

The HAI RC-80 is a device that attaches to your home HAI system for control from your home alarm keypad and control board. those additional 4 wires go to the alarm panel for that integration. If you swap out the thermostat to a Nest or any other type of thermostat other than the one designed to be with your HAI home automation panel, you lose that integration with your home automation.