CTK04/UT-3000 Advice

Post your questions and comments here.
ghostrider

CTK04/UT-3000 Advice

Post by ghostrider »

About eight months ago I had a communicating system from Amana installed. At the same time I had the company zone my home and use EMC zoning controls, dampers, etc. - really happy with my setup. As soon as the weather got colder I began to hear more noise around the house. It seems my metal ducts, especially in certain areas, were contracting and expanding due to heat, which caused a ticking sound.

My question - with the CTK04 can I control how hot the air gets? I know I can control fan speed and I can encourage the system to spend more time on low stage, but can I manipulate anything else? My preference would be for the system to run longer on lower temperature to improve comfort, humidity and noise from the ducts.

Since Goodman/Amana have moved from ComfortNet to ComfortBridge I assume they will no longer invest in the technology?

Thanks in advance
Paul Z.

Re: CTK04/UT-3000 Advice

Post by Paul Z. »

Call 1800 4463110 X490 have questions
ghostrider

Re: CTK04/UT-3000 Advice

Post by ghostrider »

Hi Paul, thanks again for all the feedback yesterday. The problem with the duct noise still persists, but it's manageable.

Does anyone in the forum know if Honeywell or whoever manufacturers the CTK04 will continue to support it with software and/or firmware updates? When I did a little research I noticed in Honeywell's warranty documentation for the CTK04 they also mentioned a CTK05, and that document was dated 2014. Guess the original plan was to sell a CTK05, but it must have been scrapped.

Thanks