Ecobee3 and ST-2E

Post your questions and comments here.
brucknerdoc

Ecobee3 and ST-2E

Post by brucknerdoc »

Exploring options: wondering if the Ecobee3 t-stat will work with my existing ST-2E.

I've seen posts here that the Nest does not work.

Thanks -
brucknerdoc

Re: Ecobee3 and ST-2E

Post by brucknerdoc »

After doing some further exploring - and talking with ecobee - the answer seems to be no.

Looks like it's time for a NCM300 update - is this a wire-for-wire switch out?
brucknerdoc

Post by brucknerdoc »

Another question about the ecobee wiring to your panels...
I'm expecting my NCM300 to arrive this week. I see the t-stat connections are the usual W,Y,R,G plus C and O/B.
My previous t-stat wiring to the ST-2E was master/slave - with the master wired with a brown wire > O and a blue wire > B
Since the ecobee3 has similar connections as the NCM300 (C and O/B), will I wire the ecobee3 O > panel O using the brown and ecobee3 O/B > panel O/B using blue?
Thanks -
brucknerdoc

Post by brucknerdoc »

Continuing to post followup for guidance - as I am having a problem with my second zone...

Switched over the ST-2E to NCM 300 - certain things were different:
- the zone 1 and 2 motors were wired for 1/2/4 instead of 1/4/6 (those are the numberings on the damper motors as well)
- the System block was wired somewhat different: there was a 4-bundle (W,R,G,B) coming from the main furnace power and a 2-bundle (R,W) I assume coming from the outdoor unit. In the ST-2E, the 4-bundle R,G,W were wired to the same colors - but the 2-bundle R was wired to Y, and the W was wired directly to the B of the 4-bundle with a wire cap.
- my zone 1 ecobee3 carried over the W,Y,R,G from the old t-stat - I wired the previous Blue to the C and discarded the Br (these were to B and O, respectively, on the ST-2E)
- my zone 2 old t-stat was formerly the slave with R,Y,W wires - the full bundle was still available so I wired the zone 2 ecobee3 the same as zone 1 (R,Y,G,W and Bl to C)

After restoring power, the NCM300 status flashes green as it should and the zones are green - the damper motors also show green.

Both ecobee3 t-stats power on and appear to function on the wall normally. My main zone 1 seems to be working appropriately. My zone 2 doesn't seem to be triggering the system (heat not turning on with temp threshold). I've tried rechecking the wiring on both the t-stat and panel sides - reset the panel, power cycled the system

Any suggestions? I'll be calling EWC on Monday if I can't figure this out...

Thanks!