UT-3000 & Honeywell Prestige 2.0 - Wiring & Stat Config ?

Post your questions and comments here.
Mr. T

UT-3000 & Honeywell Prestige 2.0 - Wiring & Stat Config ?

Post by Mr. T »

I have a UT-3000 with 2012 model year Amana communicating 2-stage HP and 2-stage (non-modulating) communicating gas furnace.

2 of 3 zones have Honeywell Prestige 2.0 thermostats that I have installed; third is an old Honeywell single-stage HP stat.

Looking for advice as to how the thermostat should be wired and - in particular - how it should be configured as far as the number of heat / cool compressor stages, backup heat, etc. for best use of the zone controller and the features of the thermostat.

This is what I currently have for wiring:
* On the stat, AUX/E and Y2 are jumpered and wired to W/E on the UT-3000.
* Other wires are as expected - Y1-Y, R-R, G-G, O-O etc.

Prestige thermostat configuration:
* 2 compressor stages, 1 backup heat stage.
* Backup heat configured as high-efficiency gas forced air (this forces the stat to de-energize Y1 on a call for backup heat)
* Thermostat controls changeover from HP to Gas
* Backup heat lockout at 40 degrees F, HP lockout disabled
(I understand that all of these configurations don't really mean anything as far as the actual operation of the HP and furnace, but want to make sure the calls seen by the UT-3000 are "reasonable")

What I'm looking for is a way to ensure that the 50%/100% demand function for legacy stats is utilized correctly, and the ability to force the system into emergency heat in case I ever need to do that. I *think* that's what I have now, but I'm not certain. In particular, I wonder if I should configure the backup heat source on the stat to be electric forced air so the stat won't de-energize Y1 on a call for backup heat.

Also, since I've wired this up during heating season, I'm not sure what to expect come cooling season -- if the stat thinks I have 2 cooling stages, it will energize the AUX/E terminal on the UT-3000 when it wants second stage cooling -- will that be understood by the zone controller as a call for 100% demand cooling from that zone?
Paul Z.

Re: UT-3000 & Honeywell Prestige 2.0 - Wiring & Stat Config

Post by Paul Z. »

A phone call to this office will help understand your concerns.
Mr. T

Re: UT-3000 & Honeywell Prestige 2.0 - Wiring & Stat Config

Post by Mr. T »

Not really sure why you have an online forum when every answer is "call us"...