Thermostat Question

Post your questions and comments here.
jystickman

Thermostat Question

Post by jystickman »

Hi,

I have 2 EWC-ST-2D zone controllers in my house - the zone 1 thermostats are Robershaw 9610 units, zone 2 are 9600.

One of the 9610 units appears to be dying and needs replacing (I think - in the mornings, when it calls for heat, it will sometimes click a dozen times before finally "catching" and getting the heat to come on). I was looking at replacing it with something a little more modern regardless.

It appears that a White Rogers 1F80-261 is an "approved" thermostat, but was wondering if something like the 1F97-1277 touchscreen has been tested? Or any other more modern touchscreen thermostat is an approved thermostat for zone 1?

Zone 2 seems a little more straightforward...

Thanks!
Eric K.

Re: Thermostat Question

Post by Eric K. »

We have not tested the Model 1F97-1277, but upon reviewing the installation instructions, it appears that it will operate with the ST Panels.

If you do decide to use the Model 1F97-1277, would you be able to inform us if it functions properly, this way we can add it to the list of compatible thermostats.

Thanks,

Eric
jystickman

Post by jystickman »

Eric, yes, I'll be happy to do so if I end up installing this thermostat.

Besides the list on the controller installation guide/technical notes, does any other list exist for known compatible thermostats?

Thanks!

--James
Eric K.

Post by Eric K. »

That is the only list of compatible thermostats.