thermostat

Post your questions and comments here.
lcm827

thermostat

Post by lcm827 »

looking for Replacement Thermostats for Model BMPlus5000 control with a 2h & 2 C Luxaire 5t Heat pump and air handler with AUX electric heat.
.. I currently have the ultra zone Mercy thermostats and they are not
very actuate. I see about 5 to 8 degree difference and I would like to replace them with digital thermostats that are not very costly.

Can you recommend either EWT , ctc or Honeywell thermostats that I can purchase and install. These thermostats do not have to be
programmable. I have five or six zones, this is the reason for trying to keep the cost down to somewhere between $85 to $35 dollars each.
Eric K.

Re: thermostat

Post by Eric K. »

Can you tell me the version of the BMPlus control panel you have? If you look on the computer chip on the center of the board, you will see a white label, the version number is on that label.

Also, is your compressor 1 or 2 stages?

Eric
lcm827

Post by lcm827 »

Eric,

Thanks for the reply::

The Version of the BMPlus5000 Control chip is as follows:

BMP300 Ver 1.5
EWC/AC12003

This unit was installed about 4 or 5 yrs ago.

Compressor: number of stages:

The compressor is a 2 stage:

Luxaire 5T = 2 stages
Model HL5B060FA

I believe the air handler is a variable speed unit.
If you need to know that I need to get into the attic
to find out.

If you need any other information please let me know.

Thanks

Leo Mooney
Eric K.

Post by Eric K. »

Leo,

You have the incorrect zone control panel for you application. The Model BMPlus (Version 1.5) will not operate a 2 stage compressor heatpump.

As far as the thermostats are concerned, the BMPlus (Version 1.5) will work with any standard single stage heat/cool thermostat. The EWC Controls Non Programmable Model is EWT-3110. A Honeywell equivalent would be their Model TH3110.

Eric
lcm827

Post by lcm827 »

Eric, so when they installed the EWC controller. it was the wrong version. Can the version be updated?
And if so is this just a chip change or the whole broad?

What would be the cost?

Is there anything else that would have to be changed or updated?

Thanks Again for you help..

Leo
lcm827

Post by lcm827 »

Also can you tell the cost of the thermostat ewt 3110?

Thanks
Leo
Eric K.

Post by Eric K. »

Leo,

The version 1.5 cannot be updated. When the BMPlus was upgraded to accommodate heatpump thermostats and multistage heatpump equipment, the hardware architecture and processor were changed. To get set up properly you will need to replace the existing control panel.

If you wish to use just single stage heat/cool thermostats and allow the panel to control the staging, we recommend the BMPlus5000 Rev. B (Version 2.9). If you wish to allow the thermostats to control the staging using multistage heatpump thermostats we recommend the Model UZC6.

The List price of the EWT-3611 (I wrote the incorrect number in my earlier post) is $99

Eric