BMPPlus 3000 and Carrier Edge Thermidistat TP-PRH

Post your questions and comments here.
Alan E.

BMPPlus 3000 and Carrier Edge Thermidistat TP-PRH

Post by Alan E. »

A Carrier AC one stage system/variable speed FV4B is using your BMPlus 3000 to control two zones with two basic 5 wire Heat/Cool thermostats. Would like to replace these basic thermostats with Carrier Edge Thermidstats Model TP-PRH. The Edge wall unit is split from the Equipment Control Module (ECM) which is located at the air handler. The Edge wall unit only requires V+ and Vg and has digital communications over these wires to the ECM with control wiring to the fan coil. Can you bypass the 24VAC power around your BMPPlus 3000 to free up an unused power terminal for the Carrier Super Dehumidify mode DH control signal? Will the BMPlus 3000 work and control the dampers in this confiquration? The total control signals needed are 4:
W1 = Heat
Y/Y2 = Cool
G = Fan
DH = Lower fan speed control for extra dehumidification (Use R terminal?)

C = Spare?...if you can use the R terminal for the extra DH wire

If this will not work, which Zoning System can address this configuration? If this needs a phone call to explain the options, please let me know.

Thanks for your help...Alan
Eric K.

Re: BMPPlus 3000 and Carrier Edge Thermidistat TP-PRH

Post by Eric K. »

Alan,

You can by-pass the board with the Dhum wire, but you must power the panel from the equipment transformer in order to do so. Also, the equipment transformer must be rated for a minimum of 60 va. You can only connect the Dhum from Zone 1 only! Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Eric