Goodman Comfortnet thermostats VS Honeywell Prestige HD Redl

Post your questions and comments here.
swhsah

Goodman Comfortnet thermostats VS Honeywell Prestige HD Redl

Post by swhsah »

I am installing a complete communicating system. furnace, Condenser, Evaporator coil etc. I was going to order a pair of CTK03 Control thermostats for each of my zones. As Honeywell manufactures the goodman CTK03, and as Honeywell has redesigned the prestige thermostats to the Prestige HD, part number below, will they work with the two stage comfortnet furnace and Condenser? Just to clarify I have the UT-3000 from EWC for my communicating zoning.

Goodman part numbers DSXC180481 Condenser, GMVC951155DX Furnace.

Latest Honeywell Prestige HD Redlink YTHX9421R5085WW thermostat.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Scott
Erik W.

Re: Goodman Comfortnet thermostats VS Honeywell Prestige HD

Post by Erik W. »

Scott,

Unfortunately the Honeywell Prestige thermostat is not compatible with the UT3000, because it does not use the climate talk open protocol.

Erik Wnoroski
EWC Controls, Inc.
385 State Route 33
Englishtown, NJ 07726
800-446-3110 ext 483
swhsah

Post by swhsah »

Well I got everything installed and running great with the two Goodman/Honeywell CTK03 thermostats. The open protocol was the best decision I have made as set up was simply nonexistent! The only question I now have is how to wire up the Honeywell true steam humidifier. Should it be directly wired to the UT-3000 so it can communicate or should i use a wireless adapter and have it connect to the thermostats that way.
Erik W.

Post by Erik W. »

The explanation and wiring for the ancillary IAQ dry relay is explained in the UT 3000 technical bulletin on page 7. You can get a PDF copy of the tech bulletin on our website located under manuals.

Erik Wnoroski
EWC Controls, Inc.
385 State Route 33
Englishtown, NJ 07726
800-446-3110 ext 483
innoman

Post by innoman »

I wired my humidifier (non-steam, Aprilaire 400) directly to the Ultrazone panel. The thermostats will control it directly (through the UT-3000 panel, of course) in each zone. The only wires I connected were between the panel and the humidifier (H/H to C/NO, I think). I haven't tested it yet, I need to connect the drain still; but, it looks like it should work fine based on the install guide and a call to EWC. The best part is you don't need to run anything outside, if your unit has the outdoor sensor like mine, or bother with an additional humidistat/ return humidity sensor). If your unit doesn't have the outdoor sensor, you could just get one of the honeywell redlink outdoor sensors I think. I have the Goodman DSXC180481 Compressor.

I agree, communicating is the way to go. I was going to go with 1 communicating and 2 nests, but I've decide all communicating is a better choice.
james442

Re: Goodman Comfortnet thermostats VS Honeywell Prestige HD Redl

Post by james442 »

I am installing a complete communicating system. furnace, Condenser, Evaporator coil etc. I was going to order a pair of CTK03 Control thermostats for each of my zones.
Paul Z.

Re: Goodman Comfortnet thermostats VS Honeywell Prestige HD Redl

Post by Paul Z. »

Call the office and talk with John Brown, 1-800-446-3110 X462. He will advise you on the UT-3000 board.