which control to use

Post your questions and comments here.
jesusmisael

which control to use

Post by jesusmisael »

i am installing a tons 120k buts system with a 2 zones (basement and street level
i will be using 92% furnace tempstar 2 stages

also do you think 5 ton cooling and 120 btu will be for a 2700 square feet home will be enough?

for california where 30 farenheit isi the lower and 105 high average high?
new construction.
Eric K.

Re: which control to use

Post by Eric K. »

I cannot make recommendations on sizing your heating and air conditioning equipment.

I can recommend for 2 stage heating and 1 stage cooling to use the Model NCM-300 or for 2 Stage heating and 2 stage cooling to use the Model BMPlus3000.

I hope this helps!
jesusmisael

Post by jesusmisael »

i read that if you use ncm 300 using 2 stage furnace if the you use less than 50% zones the board will not let the second stage to turn on.
Now i just have 2 zones so 1 will equal 50% will the second stage will turn on?
Eric K.

Post by Eric K. »

The NCM-300 will always consider all 3 zones, whether they are being utilized or not, when calculating for the 50% Feature. Therefore, for your application, if only one zone is calling the equipment will not be allowed to stage up, when utilizing the 50% feature.

Eric
jesusmisael

Post by jesusmisael »

will i need the bypass if the second stage will not operate? also willl the btus uotput will be limited to what percentage in the first stage.
Eric K.

Post by Eric K. »

A by-pass is always recommended.

You have to look at the equipment documentation to determine the BTU output of 1st stage vs. 2nd stage.

Happy New Year!

Eric