Damper Speed

Post your questions and comments here.
cube

Damper Speed

Post by cube »

Hi there, I was reviewing your round dampers, specifically the URD (and SID, which appears to use the same motor) and the RSD. I have used Honeywell ARD round dampers in the past, which worked very well but I like the idea of your SID dampers because of the ability to install them without having to remove a section of ductwork. I am also looking at a retrofit job now that involves a number of 4" ducts, and Honeywell does not make a 4" damper. Your products look good, however I could not seem to find any information on your web site as to open and close times - that is, how long the damper takes to go from open to closed and vice versa. This would be useful information as it seems to vary greatly among manufacturers. So I put the question to you: How long do your dampers take to open and close?

- Cube
Eric K.

Re: Damper Speed

Post by Eric K. »

The Model URD and SID dampers have a 35 second open and close time.

The Model RSD has a 45 second powered time and a 5 second return time. If the motor is power open/spring close it is 45 seconds to open, 5 seconds to close or if the motor is power close/spring open it is 45 seconds to close 5 seconds to open.

Eric