EWC Control

Post your questions and comments here.
miltys

EWC Control

Post by miltys »

I have a fairly new house that was built in 2005. We installed the EWC control panel for both upstairs and downstairs heating and cooling. The installers used White Rogers Thermostat model 1F95-377 series 90. No problems with anything up to about two weeks ago where I noticed the upstairs Tstat was blank. I checked the downstairs Tstat and it was working fine. I then took the lower Tstat and moved it upstairs. It was fine for about 10 minutes then it also went blank. Now both T stats are dead. Tested all wiring no shorts on either stat wiring. Called the installer. He tested everything and found nothing. Installed two new T stats at $200 a piece. Everything has worked great up to about a few days ago noticed backlight for upstairs Tstat is not working. Almost as if the LCD display is going bad. The system has approx 27.5 volts AC. I understand that these Tsats do not like spikes. Wonder if anyone has experienced problems with voltage spikes that seem to pop these Tstats. I cannot believe wiring is to blame. Does anyone have any clue as to my problem? Not sure why I seem to be having problems with the upper Tstat? Thoughts?
Paul Z.

Re: EWC Control

Post by Paul Z. »

We have reviewed your post and would like you to give us a call, also what EWC control board you are using, type of equipment being operated.
732-446-3110-X490
Thank you. Paul D Zimmerman
miltys

Re: EWC Control

Post by miltys »

Thanks for the quick response. I have a UZC4 Ultrazone Control board. This is running a York HE PV9C tubular Heat pump. I will try to contact you tomorrow. Here is my phone number 309.256.8012