Is it Possible to Connect Any EWC Controller to a Network??

Post your questions and comments here.
coasttal

Is it Possible to Connect Any EWC Controller to a Network??

Post by coasttal »

I would like to be able to view status and activity of my HVAC system over my network. Is that possible?
Ric
Site Admin

Re: Is it Possible to Connect Any EWC Controller to a Networ

Post by Ric »

Currently the only network device we offer is the IZT, http://www.ewccontrols.com/netstats.htm. It is a thermostat so your options are limited to controlling the zone where it is installed. It requires Internet access for any network applications since it communicates directly with the manufacturer's server. You access it via a user name / password.

The IZT can be accessed through your web browser. That means that you can be anywhere on the planet and as long as your Internet is unrestricted you can see how warm the room is, when you accessed your stat last, and a few other log notes. You can also re-program the stat.

I just checked - my cheap 7" android tablet had no trouble checking on the unit we installed in the engineering lab. That means you can get snowed in while at work in the city and you can tell your house to drop to 50 degrees until you contact it the next day to warm up before you arrive home.

Ric
coasttal

Re: Is it Possible to Connect Any EWC Controller to a Networ

Post by coasttal »

Ric,

Thanks for the post. These thermostats are made by Proliphix. I have about 100 of these where I work and I can see all of them at one time using software from Proliphix called Univista. This is alot better than logging into 100 different urls. I have a bunch working on zone controllers and they can also be seen and controlled via Univista, however the local zone controller still maintains the control sequence between the various zone.

I like these thermostats alot, but they are quite expensive. At one time Proliphix sold these directly and they were closer to $300.

I may go with the Bayweb thermostats instead since they are also internet enabled and their site will allow me to see trending. My application will have 2 geo heat pumps and 4 zones each, for a total of 8 thermostats. I plan to locate most of the thermostats in a common closet and use remote temperature sensors.

I want to have a humidistat connected to each air handler where upon sensing high humidity a) the geo pump comes on, b) AHU fan comes on and if high humidity continues after 15-20 min. the AHU kicks on in low speed (1st stage).

John