Continuous fan in heat mode on NCM300 System

Post your questions and comments here.
chrismaylor

Continuous fan in heat mode on NCM300 System

Post by chrismaylor »

Hi. I recently purchased a house with NCM300 Zone system. It has 2 zones (upstairs/downstairs) and appears to be wired for heat pump and has programmable thermostats up and down. When we arrived on the weekend we programmed the thermostats and turned on heat mode. The system heats to temperature but also continues to run the fan even though the zones are above the programmed temperature.

I've been through the manual for the NCM300 and it references that the fan will run continuously when there are no heat requests.

I really did not want the fan to be running 24 x 7, is there a setting or adjustment that will cause the system to not run the fans when the temperature in the zone is above the thermostat setting (even if it requires a few minutes to establish that?)

Chris
Pcyrana

Re: Continuous fan in heat mode on NCM300 System

Post by Pcyrana »

Chris,

The NCM-300 will only run the fan when a call for heat or cool is satisfied if a zone thermostat is calling for continuous fan operation.
After your call for heat ends, what lights are lit on the NCM-300 panel during the time that the fan is running continuously?

Thank You,
chrismaylor

Post by chrismaylor »

Patrick,

I will get that for you tomorrow.

Interestingly, a reset causes the fan to stop, but in the documentation it states that the continuous fan mode will be on any time there is not a heat or cool request - which seemed odd for it to run longer than a purge cycle.

More to come - thank you.
chrismaylor

Post by chrismaylor »

Hi Patrick,

The week got away on me, sorry.

Lights on are:
Status (blinks)
Zone 3 Open
Zone 2 Open
Zone 1 Open
W1/B

If unit is reset, W1/B is off.

Thermostats have Emerson name but sticker behind cover says it is a White-Rodgers Type 1F82-0261. The Emerson site says it is an Emerson Blue 2 which replaces a White Rodgers 80 series.

Regards,
Pcyrana

Post by Pcyrana »

Chris,

Do you have a Heat Pump System?
If so, where is your backup heat wired to on the system terminal block in the lower left hand corner?
If it is wired to the W1/B terminal that will cause your fan and heat to run even when all zones are satisfied.
chrismaylor

Post by chrismaylor »

Patrick,

That likely explains it then. Unit is a Goodman Company Model ARUF486016CA and says it is heat pump.

So the question then becomes, do I just disconnect the wire on the lower right of the controller motherboard (or should it be connected elsewhere?).

Thanks in advance.

--------------------
Chris
cmaylor@gmail.com
Pcyrana

Post by Pcyrana »

No, if that is indeed the problem you would want to move that wire to the W2/E terminal on the system terminal block.
chrismaylor

Post by chrismaylor »

Patrick,

That fixes the issue.

Just because, I tested the a/c side as well and that appears to work.

THANK YOU very much. This was (relatively) painless and definitely directly to the point.

Have a fantastic Christmas season!
pkambli

Post by pkambli »

I figured it out. USER ERROR!!! LOL. If you put the G wire one slot down into the RH wire the fan willl run continuously. TRIPLE Check the work folks :-)
--------------------------------------------------------------
I am having the same issue as the previous poster but I do not have a heat pump. The conversion From EWC-ST-2E to NCM300 went well for the most part. except the fan continuously running..

When you call for heat in either zone or both they zones work fine and the systems provides heat. There are 2 zones each with its own thermostat. The second thermostat is a 3 wire and the master is a 4 wire.

When heat call is complete, the zones close and then soon after both zones (and on the pane all three zone lights) light up and you hear the fan running. Also by the way the fan never stopped when the Heat stopped once set temperature was reached if that helps diagnose the issue.

Thanks in advance for the help!!
mbakdewi

Post by mbakdewi »

chrismaylor wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:57 am Hi Patrick,

The week got away on me, sorry.

Lights on are:
Status (blinks)
Zone 3 Open
Zone 2 Open
Zone 1 Open
W1/B

If unit is reset, W1/B is off.

Thermostats have Emerson name but sticker behind cover says it is a White-Rodgers Type 1F82-0261. The Emerson site says it is an Emerson Blue 2 which replaces a White Rodgers 80 series.

Regards,
thank you