Dehumidification with BMPlus 3000 and Honeywell Prestige HD

Post your questions and comments here.
mathi

Dehumidification with BMPlus 3000 and Honeywell Prestige HD

Post by mathi »

Is it possible to get a wiring diagram to address this specific scenario with DHM terminal in the Honeywell Prestige HD thermostat and the DHUM terminal in the Carrier Variable Speed furnace board for whole house dehumidification using the 'One Zone' feature in the BMPlus 3000 control board?
Pcyrana

Re: Dehumidification with BMPlus 3000 and Honeywell Prestige

Post by Pcyrana »

I will post a link of a diagram i believe will help you out. Let me know if this is what you are looking for.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mathi

Post by mathi »

Thanks for the wiring diagram and it certainly helps. I have a question though.

Currently I have a Honeywell Prestige HD thermostat wirelessly connected to the Equipment Interface Module (EIM) and then connected with wires to Zone-1 input in the BMPlus 3000 control panel. The EIM has 3 built-in RELAY switches, i.e. U1-1/U1-2, U2-1/U2-2 and U3-1/U3-2 and currently U2-1 has jumpered to R terminal in Zone-1 input and U2-2 is connected to DHM in the Carrier variable speed furnace control board. At the thermostat, U2 relay has been setup as Normally Open (NO) to enable low fan speed for Dehum on demand.

BMPlus Zone-2 input is wired to Honeywell VisionPro 8000 and it does NOT have a relay switch to enable DHUM in the furnace board.

My question is, is there any advantage if I use the AFR1 DPDT relay, as shown in this diagram, for the OneZone feature in my current setup?

How can I enable Dehumidification with low fan speed in both zones with just one DHUM wire connected to the furance board with Zone-1 input?

I would appreciate any help, thanks.
Pcyrana

Post by Pcyrana »

No, I was not aware of the relay contacts that are available on the Prestige thermostat.
In that case here is what you can do...

- You can continue to use the U2 relay to enable the DHUM on the furnace.

- Use the U3-1 and U3-2 contacts to activate the One Zone terminal when DHUM is energized from the thermostat.
- You will want to set the U3 relay to be Normally Open as well.

If you would like I could make a diagram depicting this.
mathi

Post by mathi »

Yes, I need a diagram depicting this, please.

Could you explain what exactly would happen with this One Zone scenario when the contacts are closed?

Does the One Zone feature keep dampers in both zones open?
Does this also activate G and Y1 control board input terminals in both zones?
Pcyrana

Post by Pcyrana »

Yes all dampers will be open when the one zone terminal is activated.
At that point.. any call that occurs on the zone one thermostat will be received by all zones. Other thermostats will be locked out at this point.
No the Y1 and G will not be energized unless the Zone one thermostat brings them on.

I have attached a diagram that shows where to wire up the relay contacts to the BMPlus3000.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mathi

Post by mathi »

Excellent. I appreciate all your help.

I will try the One Zone feature as per the wiring diagram to enable whole house dehumidification and will update you.

Just one quick question though.
Currently, I have 50% Rule switch turned ON in the control board and I am wondering, if this One Zone feature will invoke high stage cooling, because the One Zone keeps all zones open.
Pcyrana

Post by Pcyrana »

When the One Zone feature is activated the board will allow 2nd stage to come on even though the 50% rule is enabled.
Very good question though. I had to test one out in the lab just to make sure.