BMPlus 3000 and Honeywell Prestige

Post your questions and comments here.
mathi

BMPlus 3000 and Honeywell Prestige

Post by mathi »

I recently upgraded my HVAC system to Carrier Infinity 2-stage compressor, 2-stage furnace and Variable Speed Blower. The two thermostats that I have been using are Honeywell Vision Pro 8000 in both Zone-1 (middle floor) and Zone-2 (upper floor) and the system is working fine. However, the humidity is a kind of high, around 55%, at home, especially in Zone-2 and I am planning to upgrade the thermostats to Honeywell Prestige with remote sensor, since this would allow good humidity control with a trigger to lower the fan speed when dehum is needed.

I am wondering if I need two of the same Prestige thermostats to connect to BMPlus 3000, one for each zone OR use one Prestige (new) and one Vision Pro 8000 (existing).

Do I need Equipment Interface Module (EIM) or directly can connect to the BMPLUS 3000?

I also need instructions how to connect the BMPlus 3000 to Honeywell Prestige thermostat, either in one zone or both zones.

I appreciate any help.
Pcyrana

Re: BMPlus 3000 and Honeywell Prestige

Post by Pcyrana »

You will not need two Prestige thermostats if you would rather just use one and keep the other as a Pro 8000.

No you will not need an EMI, the Prestige thermostat will wire directly to the BMPlus3000.
As for the dehumidification wiring, the wires from the DHM terminals on the Prestige will wire directly to the dehumidification terminals on your Carrier Air Handler.
The Prestige thermostat should wire up just like the Pro8000. If you need a diagram we could create one for you.
Let me know if you need any further information.
mathi

Post by mathi »

Thanks for the great information. Have a question though.

How do I have the whole house utilize the DHUM function of the carrier variable speed air handler with one Prestige thermostat connected to one Zone?

I thought the "One Zone" terminal in the BMPlus 3000 controller board would help achieve this objective.
Pcyrana

Post by Pcyrana »

The One Zone feature on that zone panel will simply allow the entire system to be controlled from one thermostat.
You could bypass the zone panel completely for the dehum feature.
That way you can dehumidify when the board is idle with all zones left in the open position.
mathi

Post by mathi »

I am not clear about bypassing the zone panel complelely for the dehum feature.
Could you please elaborate this option with more detail?
Pcyrana

Post by Pcyrana »

I apologize. You can achieve humidification using the one zone feature as you wanted.
Let me ask you a question though before i proceed to tell you the proper way to wire it.
Is your dehumidistat reverse acting?
In other words, does the dehumidistat break a set of normally closed contacts when it wants to dehumidify?