BMPlus 3000 blower-off delay

Post your questions and comments here.
mathi

BMPlus 3000 blower-off delay

Post by mathi »

I found in earlier rev. of BMPlus 3000, there was a switch for blower-off delay that could be used to adjust the time the blower runs after the cooling cycle. I think it could be set either 0 or 90 sec. In Rev. B of this board, I can't see this switch at all.

I have carrier variable speed blower, but can't find this option there. However, this could help effectively decrease the humidity level at home.

I am wondering if I can still set the delay to 0 sec. in the BMPlus 3000 control board.
Pcyrana

Re: BMPlus 3000 blower-off delay

Post by Pcyrana »

The switch you are referring to controlled the fan purge after a heat or cool call. The options on the dip switch were either 90 or 120 seconds.
On the new BMPLus3000 Rev.B the fan purge time is fixed at 90 seconds.
Do you ever use the "Fan On" function on any of your thermostats?
If you do not, you can move the wire from the "G" terminal on the system terminal block on my zone panel to the "Y" terminal.
With this configuration the board will only run the Fan during a cooling call.
mathi

Post by mathi »

I never use 'fan-on' function in the thermostat and it is always set in 'auto' mode. This setting, however, allows the fan to run few mins. even after the cooling cycle is complete and it causes the humidity rise a little higher.

If I change the G wire in system terminal block to Y (I have either Y1 or Y2, no Y), will it shut off the fan immediately after the cooling cycle completes?
Pcyrana

Post by Pcyrana »

Sorry for the confusion, you would want to move the wire from the "G" to the "Y1" terminal.

Yes this will prevent any fan purge that would have been brought on by the Zone Panel from occurring.
mathi

Post by mathi »

Thanks for the update. Have a question though.

The Y1 terminal in the system block has already connected to Y1 terminal from the air handler.

If I move the G wire to Y1, will it have both G and Y1 wires on the same terminal?

Will this scenario work for both cooling and heating? I thought this scenario will prevent fan-purge only on cooling because G is moved to Y1 and we need to connect again G wire to W1 for heating during winter season.
Pcyrana

Post by Pcyrana »

No you will not need to jumper the W1 with the G. Your equipment should bring on the fan with a call for heat.