MA-ND3 motor failure

Post your questions and comments here.
felix

MA-ND3 motor failure

Post by felix »

Six year old house (we bought it a year ago) three zones (UZC3C board). Two zones use MA-ND4 dampers with Honeywell 8000 thermostats. One zone uses MA-ND3 damper with White Rogers thermostat. Not sure why the original installer would use different thermostats and dampers - guessing that the house originally had all MA-ND3 dampers and two were replaced with MA-ND4's. Why the different brand thermostats, I haven't a clue. Anyway, the MA-ND3 motor has failed. I am able to move the damper with the gear release button pushed but the damper position does not move when lights change from green to red or vice versa. Should I replace just the motor on the damper or while I'm at it replace the entire MA-ND3 with a new motorized damper (14")? Thanks for your input.
Pcyrana

Re: MA-ND3 motor failure

Post by Pcyrana »

No, the entire damper does not need to be replaced, just the motor. The model number you will want to get will be the MRK.
If you tell me where you are located I can recommend a distributor in your area.

You might also find that you are looking for here. http://rep8603.dealerstack.net/catalog/mrk-p-1116.html