Board Recommendation

Post your questions and comments here.
willjhill

Board Recommendation

Post by willjhill »

I had a new house built last year and elected to install a 2 stage Carrier Performance series heat pump and variable speed air handler. It is a two zone system with an EWC NCM-300 control board. I have two Ecobee 4 thermostats. I also have an AprilAir Ventilation Controller wired to the EWC Board.

I noticed last winter the house had difficulty heating in 25-30 degree days. As this was my first heat pump I wasn't sure if that was normal or not. I also noticed a rattle, maybe dampers ? last summer. I called the installer to come and check the equipment and settings.

Turns out the installer never wired the 2nd stage to the compressor and installed a 2 stage heat/single stage cool control board ! They also had various parameters set wrong in the thermostats. The tech says "the guys right out of school do most of the installs" !!

I have a lack of trust for the installers and wanted to get an EWC opinion on which control board (UZC4 or BMPlus) is best for my application ? I am located outside of San Antonio Texas if that matters.

Appreciate any help in keeping these guys honest !
Paul Z.

Re: Board Recommendation

Post by Paul Z. »

Give a call 1800 446 3110 X490.