replacing EWC-ST-2E or 2C

Post your questions and comments here.
dpapas

replacing EWC-ST-2E or 2C

Post by dpapas »

i would like to replace original control boards ST-2E and 2C (with master and slave thermostats with EWC NCM 300, to be able to use smart/wifi thermostats.
My system is forced air oil heat and A/C. I have 2 separate zones with each zone having a master and a slave thermostat. The pictures attached are from the 2 zones.
1) I would like to know if the NCM 300 is the correct replacement to be able to use Nest thermostas.
2) how exactly am i going to connect the wires to the new board (corresponding positions)?( i already installed a Nest and as you can see in one of the slave zones; I used an extra wire for the C position)
3) which are the recommended DIP switch positions for my system?

Thank you so much for any help
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Prect1982

Re: replacing EWC-ST-2E or 2C

Post by Prect1982 »

been searching for same answers... please update if you find or already found the answers to your questions as i have same problem. thanks a lot for your help, and i would really appreciate if there would be anyone who can chime in! thanks!
dpapas

Post by dpapas »

i pretty much understand the wiring issues. I just need to figure out the heating and coolong limit switches and what is that second stage heating timer.. Also the settings for the DIP switches for oil heat and A/C system.
I have copied the links for the NCM300 panel and the conversion from ST 2E to 300. Hope tha helps you..

http://www.ewccontrols.com/acrobat/090375a0226.pdf

http://ewccontrols.com/acrobat/090512a0369.pdf
dpapas

Post by dpapas »

I just finished the installation of 2 of my older controllers with the new 300 ones. Everything well just fine. It took me abou5 half an hour for each. I have oil forced air heat and AC. I turned off the dial of the first limit switch; the rest of switches I left as they were set by factory. I installed the nest thermostats in both the previous master and slave zones and worked just fine.