UZC4 Emergency LED coming on in cooling mode

Post your questions and comments here.
TTS

UZC4 Emergency LED coming on in cooling mode

Post by TTS »

I have a heat pump connected to a UZC4 and during colling mode, the red Emergency LED is coming on. Is this normal? It is cooling and the system seems to be working properly otherwise.
Pcyrana

Re: UZC4 Emergency LED coming on in cooling mode

Post by Pcyrana »

If your Emergency Light is coming on in the Heat Pump mode that is more than likely because you have the boards Auxiliary End Switch set to the Reverse Acting mode not the Direct Acting mode. This is not a problem if you are using the panel for dehumidification purposes. If you are not, take a look at Dip Switch number 5 on bank 2. Is it set to the left or to the right? It should be to the right toward DA. Please let me know if you have any further issues.

Patrick Cyrana
EWC Controls Inc.
1-800-446-3110
pcyrana@ewccontrols.com
TTS

Post by TTS »

Reverse acting mode? Are you refering to the reversing valve to cool rather than heat from the heat pump? Then yes, that is what we are doing. We do have a condensate pump to remove water if this is what you mean by dehumidification purposes. So do I have the board set correctly and should the light be coming on?

Thanks!
Pcyrana

Post by Pcyrana »

No the reversing valve action was not what i was referring to. You did not answer the question i needed in order to help you. Is Dip Switch 5 on Bank 2 (the lower bank) set to the left of set to the right?