Zone 2 A/C not working -

Post your questions and comments here.
brucknerdoc

Zone 2 A/C not working -

Post by brucknerdoc »

Hello -
I have a basic heating /cooling system with a fuel-powered boiler/air handler/compressor with separate thermostats on the first and second floors.
Previously, I had an ST-2E with a master/slave t-stat configuration.
Last Fall, I swapped out the ST-2E for a NCM 300 so I could use independent Ecobee3 t-stats. After some discussion with Paul on the phone, all went well and I had no problem with heat during the winter.
Today, I switched over to a/c and the compressor failed to turn on. One of the wiring issues during the swap was that my ST-2E was wired so that:
- the 4 wires coming from the main system (Blue, W, G, R) were wired to the Rc/G/W1 on the 300 System block
- the 2 wires from the compressor (R, W) were wired as R>Y on the System block
- the remaining Blue (from main) and W (from compressor) were left unconnected. With the ST-2E, these two wires were connected directly together (not thru the panel).
I re-connected the Blue/W pair directly (as it was on the ST-2E) and the compressor fired up and I have a/c in Zone 1.
However, I have no a/c in Zone 2. The NCM panel lights show the System, compressor, and fan to be lit - zone 1 is green, but zone 2 is not lit.
The Ecobee shows that it is set to Cooling - if you check the t-stat for what equipment is running, it shows compressor and fan - and since the eCobee detects wiring based on voltage, it shows R/G/Y/C/W as it is connected at the NCM Zone 2 block.
I assume this has to do with the wiring of the Blue/W pair that was different in the ST-2E.

I appreciate any help/suggestions - Thanks!

Michael
Paul Z.

Re: Zone 2 A/C not working -

Post by Paul Z. »

Give me a call 18004463110X490.
Thank you
Paul
brucknerdoc

Post by brucknerdoc »

Will do Paul - here's a couple of pics for clarification:
IMG_4827.jpg
IMG_4825.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
brucknerdoc

Post by brucknerdoc »

Haven't had any luck connecting with Paul as of yet. I did contact Ecobee and went thru some troubleshooting to see if the issue was with the t-stat or baseplate (swapping them back and forth) and did not find a resolution.
On zone 2, if I connect Rc to Y the a/c works as expected - compressor turns on and zone 2 LED lights up on panel
EmilioH

Post by EmilioH »

brucknerdoc wrote: Sat May 06, 2017 3:49 pm Haven't had any luck connecting with Paul as of yet. I did get these best weight loss shakes and contact Ecobee and went thru some troubleshooting to see if the issue was with the t-stat or baseplate (swapping them back and forth) and did not find a resolution.
On zone 2, if I connect Rc to Y the a/c works as expected - compressor turns on and zone 2 LED lights up on panel
Hi Bruck, did you find the right fix for it?