B0 and B4 errors on thermostat

Post your questions and comments here.
tnedator

B0 and B4 errors on thermostat

Post by tnedator »

Hi,

I know this may not be an EWC issue, but since the controls/communication is going through the Ultra Talk module and happening to multiple units, I thought I would reach out and see if you guys had any idea.

I have four Amana HVAC units (gas + AC that are NOT heat pumps), with CTK04 thermostats, Ultratalk control boards and two or three zones on each unit.

Every so often, I get one of these errors on the units. Not at the same time, and it might be weeks or months in between.

B0 NO ID AIRFLOW
B4 MOTOR TRIPS

So, like the unit in my master bedroom just got the B0 error, and a week ago had the B4 error. A couple months ago, a different unit had a B4, and a month before that a different one had a B4. Last year I saw the B0 come up a few times on other units.

In addition, I have clean comfort media filters in place in front of the furnace, and also have some 1" tacky industrial type filter pads at the return (wondering if I could be too restricted on air flow) that are similar to the pad below, although that isn't actually the one I'm using.

Any ideas?

Paul Z.

Re: B0 and B4 errors on thermostat

Post by Paul Z. »

We think that you have biasing voltage problem and is there a by-pass on these systems. Call office and speak with John Brown 1-800-446-3110 X462. He will be in the office on June 21,2016.