Model GU080M16B-S trouble shoot furnace

Post your questions and comments here.
scotts235

Model GU080M16B-S trouble shoot furnace

Post by scotts235 »

I have an EWC heating/AC unit model GU080M16B-S. It came with the house and is 16 years old.

The circulating air blower was just replaced along with its capacitor (it burned out). New one is EM3587 1/2 HP.

The issue is the furnace will shut off and stay off; it doesn't run all the time. The red light on the circuit board will blink, the unit will cycle repeatedly and then finally the green light will come on and the heat will start again. Filter is clean, blower compartment is clean, no vent obstructions. The way I get it to restart is I have to touch the wires and control board till unit starts back on and gas light comes on through window. All wires appear to be tight (this morning one was lose on the control board) so I tightened the screw.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on or how to resolve? There is a 3 amp fuse - should I replace it? How can I tell if my honeywell thermostat is good? It appears to be clean. However the unit does not seem to reach the set temperature of 70. Controlled Systems installed this unit. They are out of business (I am in Fairfield County).

I did have someone from Solvit look at the unit (before the blower failed). He said nothing wrong with the unit, probably was just a loose wire. When the unit failed a few days later, I called the Gas Company Eversource to make sure it wasn't a gas problem. He determined the smell was the air blower so I was able to pull it out with his help and get it repaired.

Still need some help on resolving why the unit shuts off (particularly at night). Help appreciated as well as any reference to repairman in Fairfield County, CT.

Thanks!
Paul Z.

Re: Model GU080M16B-S trouble shoot furnace

Post by Paul Z. »

Call the office 1-800-446-3110-X490.