new system and higher electric bill

Post your questions and comments here.
stahd40

new system and higher electric bill

Post by stahd40 »

Hi all, what a lucky find! My new heat pump system (3 mos old) is eating me out of house and home. Its a 15 seer Trane with a variable speed air handler, w/ 4 zones, Bmplus3000 control board. Two Aprilair programmable thermostats and one digital slave. Old was a Heil 10 seer, 15 years old, no zoning. Looking through the posts here seems my dealer doesn't have settings right.

dip switches
1. off
2. on
3. off
4. off
5. on
6. on
7. on
8. on

After looking at some of the posts I reset the pots as follows, staging 30, low temp 49, high temp 130 and 2nd stage 33.

I live about an hour northwest of Atlanta. The heat works good, but the electric bill is over 33% higher than with my old system. We've even lowered the temp on the stats (68 instead of 72) to try and save some $$$$. The wife is complaining about always being cold, and we've both had enough of cold fingers. My installer keeps telling me everything is up to snuff, but I find that hard to believe. He's now unresponsive to my calls to check out the system, so it seems I'm on my own.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Kelly
Eric K.

Re: new system and higher electric bill

Post by Eric K. »

Please call us at the number and hours below when you are home. We will be able to go over the installation in greater detail with you and try to determine if there is something set incorrectly.

Eric
stahd40

Re: new system and higher electric bill

Post by stahd40 »

Got ahold of Patrick today, and he was quite helpful. Turns out half my dip switches were set wrong. Pots were off for my area, and they had my heat strip back up energized all the time! I knew something was on all the time using juice even when off! Thanks Patrick.

Kelly