Control problem

Post your questions and comments here.
spikes51

Control problem

Post by spikes51 »

I have a EWC BMPlus 3000 rev B Ultra Zone Control system with a Comfort Aire 2 stage Geothermal. My problem is my electric bill is way high. I was told by the tech that my control panel will light Y1 when 1st stage heating is being used and Y2 when the 2nd stage is being used, then finally EM when emergency heat is needed. My system is going from Y1 then straight to Emergency heat after about 30 minutes. Is there anything I can do to fix this?
Eric K.

Re: Control problem

Post by Eric K. »

What version BMPlus3000 do you have? The version number is printed on the white label which is on the computer chip placed in the center of the control panel.

How are your dip switches set? What are each of the potentiometers on the top of the panel set at? What type of thermostats are you using? Are you using an outdoor air temperature sensor?

Eric
spikes51

Post by spikes51 »

I had a tech come out today, he says it was wired wrong, they had the Y1 and Y2 wired together so anytime heat was called for it went straight into 2nd stage. then Emergency heat if it couldn't keep up after 28 minutes after the timer ran out.
Eric K.

Post by Eric K. »

I am still concerned with what version of the BMPlus3000 you have. The reason is that earlier versions (2.8 and lower) could not operate a two stage compressor heatpump and that may be the reason that the original installer had the Y1 and Y2 wired together.

Eric