Use Nest alongside Honeywell thermostats?

Post your questions and comments here.
Rprice54

Use Nest alongside Honeywell thermostats?

Post by Rprice54 »

I'm trying to get more specific info, but we are moving and the new house has a Trane multizone system, the logic board is an EWC board. I don't know the model, I will get a pic next time over, but it was built in 2010. 5 zones. AC and heat pump. I don't know how many stages yet.

Anyways, our current house has 3 heat pump units, we control all with Nests. After spending all the money on the nests we are taking them with us. My first question is whether the Nests will work at all. The second is do I have to replace all 5 thermostats with Nests or can I mix and match?

The current thermostats look like Honeywell 8500's- which I'm sure is a nice thermostat, but I'm spoiled by my nests.
Paul Z.

Re: Use Nest alongside Honeywell thermostats?

Post by Paul Z. »

They will work together, they all must set to Heat Cool or Heat pump.
Rprice54

Post by Rprice54 »

Thanks for the reply. I went by again today. Each thermostat has a common wire which nest says they need to work. When you say heat/cool, you're saying I can't just set them to cool? Do the honeywell t-stats have a heat/cool mode? We use that mode a fair amount in the spring and fall, where it may warm up just enough to run the AC but then cools off At night.
Rprice54

Post by Rprice54 »

Btw, panel is UZC4
Paul Z.

Post by Paul Z. »

It would be better if you gave me a call, 1-800-446-3110 x490.