Honeywell WiFi Thermostat with MCS-DXB contol

Post your questions and comments here.
gibsonjunkie

Honeywell WiFi Thermostat with MCS-DXB contol

Post by gibsonjunkie »

I have a 2-zone gas fired warm air heater with a/c that uses a model EWC-ST-2E for the primary control. I want to install Honeywell RTH 9580 wifi thermostats for both zones. I have already purchased the MCS-DXB remote selector switch, but want to make sure I wire everything correctly. If I understand this correctly, I would connect the MCS-DXB to the R1, O, B and G terminals on the control leaving the R, RC/O RH/B and G wires disconnected from the Main thermostat (do I just cap them and leave them disconnected?).. I would then wire the C, W, Y and R terminals from both t’stats to the control for both zones one and two. Is this correct? Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Nick C
Erik W.

Re: Honeywell WiFi Thermostat with MCS-DXB contol

Post by Erik W. »

You are correct both thermostats will be connected to r, y and w the mcs-dxb will be wired to r1, o, b and g.
gibsonjunkie

Post by gibsonjunkie »

Just so you know - everything wired up correctly and working fine!

the Honeywell T'stat works well, but the back plate is very cheaply made and parts of it broke while installing. I got it to work, but it isn't right. I've installed a LOT of thermostats over the years and have never seen such an expensive thermostat so cheaply made.
sara736

Post by sara736 »

Thanks. I will go with the BMPlus 3000 since it is a two stage unit. Any special wiring issues?
gibsonjunkie

Post by gibsonjunkie »

I just made the change-over from AC to heat. Everything went according to plan! :mrgreen:
Paul Z.

Post by Paul Z. »

You will wire R on the board to Rc/Rh ( they might be jumped already) at thermostat, Y to Y. W to W. G gets wired to the thermostat G to G at the board.