Does BMPplus3000 have a "demand on all zones" output?

Post your questions and comments here.
wmcneill

Does BMPplus3000 have a "demand on all zones" output?

Post by wmcneill »

I have a BMPlus3000 controlling a two-zone system. It has two thermostats connected, and is controlling a trane xv95 furnace that has a variable speed air handler and a "BK" input that can be used to influence fan speed. Does the BMPplus 3000 have an +24VAC output that will indicate when both zones are calling (both dampers are open)? (It seems pretty clear that there is not a terminal on the board for this, but is there connection on the board that provides this that I can solder a connection to?)
Erik W.

Re: Does BMPplus3000 have a "demand on all zones" output?

Post by Erik W. »

I am not following exactly what you are trying to do, can you please explain in more detail what you are trying to accomplish?

Erik Wnoroski
EWC Controls, Inc.
385 State Route 33
Englishtown, NJ 07726
800-446-3110 ext 483
wmcneill

Post by wmcneill »

[quote="Erik W."]I am not following exactly what you are trying to do, can you please explain in more detail what you are trying to accomplish?

I want to decrease fan speed when only one of two zones is calling. Many air handlers with a variable speed fan have a BK/DS/ODD/DHUM terminal that will decrease fan speed if the terminal is not energized. So I am asking if the BMP3000 has a terminal that is energized only when both zone1 and zone2 are calling.
Erik W.

Post by Erik W. »

We here at ewc controls can accommodate you on what you are trying to do. First off do your thermostats you have have a separate dehumidification terminal? If so you can you can use that terminal to energize you dehumidification terminal on the unit, this will only be able to be done if the unit and zone panel are being powered by the same transformer. The thermostats will control voltage to that terminal either increasing or decreasing blower speed. Just out of curiosity what is exact reason for you wanting to decrease fan speed with only 2 zones calling?

Erik Wnoroski
EWC Controls, Inc.
385 State Route 33
Englishtown, NJ 07726
800-446-3110 ext 483