Controller for Nest to work

Post your questions and comments here.
Bun1

Controller for Nest to work

Post by Bun1 »

Hi. I have a York Diamond 80 (with York AC compressor) 2 zone master slave set up with separate O B connections at the thermostat (dampers I believe - no heat pumps), connected to a Trol A Temp MM2. I have attached a picture of the master thermostat (White Rodger 1f80-240 - picture attached. The labels you can't see are connected according to color - green G, Orange O, Yellow Y). I understand I may be able get the Nest thermostat to work by installing a different controller (suggestions on which model and where to get it?), and using one of the unused wires (there's an unused blue and and unused black) as the common (where on the unit or controller would I attach it?)

Thanks for the help

Paul
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Erik W.

Re: Controller for Nest to work

Post by Erik W. »

Paul,
Get yourself a NCM 300 control panel. You can use one of your unused wires as a common by hooking it up to the "C" terminal at both the controller and the thermostat.

Erik Wnoroski
EWC Controls, Inc.
385 State Route 33
Englishtown, NJ 07726
800-446-3110 ext 483
Bun1

Post by Bun1 »

Thanks. Sorry for the extra question, but the nest and the controller both have a shared O/B. My current thermostat has separate O (orange) and B (brown). Which one should get connected to the O/B terminal on the controller and what do I do with the other one.

Thanks again and thanks for the quick reply
Erik W.

Post by Erik W. »

The old panel you had required the o and b wires but the new NCM 300 will not require you to hook them up. Simply wire the thermostat to R,W,Y,G and C.

Erik Wnoroski
EWC Controls, Inc.
385 State Route 33
Englishtown, NJ 07726
800-446-3110 ext 483
waleeed12

Post by waleeed12 »

I may be able get the Nest thermostat to work by installing a different controller (suggestions on which model and where to get it?), and using one of the unused wires (there's an unused blue and and unused black) as the common (where on the unit or controller would I attach it?)
Paul Z.

Post by Paul Z. »

Call the office 1-800-446-3110 X490 I have a few question.
WyattScott

Post by WyattScott »

I have an integrated automation system in my home tied to the thermostat, security system and lighting controls. The HVAC professional was unfamiliar with the thermostat (an HAI RC80 single stage communicating) which didn’t surprise me since this is a very small niche market. He assured me that I could keep the stat and set the furnace to control the staging, which was the way all of his installs were configured. He indicated that he could sell me a $400.00 VisionPro)
My blog - review of the best shower heads