Air Flow Problems

Post your questions and comments here.
paintedlady

Air Flow Problems

Post by paintedlady »

We have a EWC unit ( model BMPLUS 3000) and We have noticed that downstairs isnt getting warm are it used to get.. Last year we had problems heating our master bedroom and down stairs was fine now it seems asi f the roles have switched and we dont know what to do , I really dont want to call in an HVAC person yet , because we both feel like this is something simple that we can do with the help of others who have experienced this same issue
Eric K.

Re: Air Flow Problems

Post by Eric K. »

How many zones and where are they?
What type of heating do you have? (i.e. Gas, oil, heatpump, hydro, etc.)

When downstairs is demanding heat, with no other zone demanding heat, is the heat running? Also, are you getting airflow from the vents? Are you getting airflow from the vents in the other zones?

Eric
paintedlady

Post by paintedlady »

We have a Gas that heats our house..I am getting very little air flow from the vents downstairs but upstairs I am getting wonderful airflow, but here is where it gets a little confusing last year we had a problem in the master bedroom with airflow not being sufficient, now this year the air flow is wonderful and the problem that we had upstairs is now occuring downstairs . We have two zones in our home
Eric K.

Post by Eric K. »

It sounds as if you may have an issue with the operation of the dampers. What was done last season to remedy the issue with the master bedroom?

I suggest calling us at the number below 8am - 5pm, Mon-Fri while you are at the house. We can trouble shoot the system together and try to determine the problem. Please have a voltmeter and small screwdriver handy when you call. You will also need access to the HVAC equipment, Zone control panel and dampers.