Thermostat Options for EWC-ST Series Control Panels

Post your questions and comments here.
Erik W.

Re: Thermostat Options for EWC-ST Series Control Panels

Post by Erik W. »

Greg,
You are correct, connect a wire to your ''C'' terminal on both the panel and thermostats to run the nests on 24v.

Erik Wnoroski
EWC Controls, Inc.
385 State Route 33
Englishtown, NJ 07726
800-446-3110 ext 483
bradjmarr

Post by bradjmarr »

Now that I purchased the NCM-300, I'm wondering what to do with the o and b wires from the old st series since the ncm has an o/b hookup. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
Paul Z.

Post by Paul Z. »

You might want to conceder changing your zone board to a NCM-300 then you can use ant thermostat. With the ST the best you can do is a Honeywell 4110 series in zone #1 and any type in zone #2. Call and we will help you if needed.
mausland

Post by mausland »

Erik,

If I buy the NCM-300 so I can use a Nest, is it as simple as moving the wires like for like to the new board? I've included a picture of the existing ST-2E.

I understand I will re-purpose the O or B wire as a Common. Is there a standard or recommendation as to which to use?

Thanks,

Mike
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
WyattScott

Post by WyattScott »

I have essential gas for heating and central a/c for cooling. I am thinking the B and O are for heat pump?

However, from EWC control panel where it says SYSTEM, there is no B and O wires there
My blog - review of the best shower heads
WyattScott

Post by WyattScott »

I have essential gas for heating and central a/c for cooling. I am thinking the B and O are for heat pump?

However, from EWC control panel where it says SYSTEM, there is no B and O wires there
My blog - review of the best shower heads
Paul Z.

Post by Paul Z. »

Looking at your board it will be a wire for wire, you will not use the "O"or"B" wire. You can use one of these conductors for a "C".If needed. Any question please call 1-800-446-3110 X490.
DanCaron

Post by DanCaron »

I have an EWC-ST-2C. And I replaced the old manual stats with two zwave stats (https://www.remotec.com.hk/wp-content/u ... 140702.pdf)

Heat works great. However, my AC compressor will not turn on. Any ideas?

If the stats are incompatible, are there zwave stats that will work?

Dan
image.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Paul Z.

Post by Paul Z. »

Sorry for delay. The ST- board will not support that thermostat. Only a thermostat with a separate "O"/"B" terminal. Any other stats you must change the zone board. A NCM-300 will work just fine. If you are thinking about up grading you equipment to multi staging, then a BMPlus-3000 is what you would want.
cheng16887@yahoo.com

Post by cheng16887@yahoo.com »

Hi,
I have the same EWC-ST-2C controll panel with only hot air Zone1 and Zone2 only.

I see your "Zone1 motor" and "Zone2 motor" set to OPEN, will that keep consuming electricity all the time and shorten the life of damper motor.

I'm thinking that those "Zone1 motor" and "Zone2 motor" should be OFF while the heating system is idle.

Please advise thanks.