Thermostat Options for EWC-ST Series Control Panels

Post your questions and comments here.
Pcyrana

Re: Thermostat Options for EWC-ST Series Control Panels

Post by Pcyrana »

I do not believe there were any recently developed thermostats that have both a separate O and separate B terminal.
If you would like a modern looking thermostat you can try our wireless model EWT-3900.
It has all the necessary terminals required to work with an ST series panel.
Information for this thermostat can be found my clicking on the link below.
http://ewccontrols.com/tstats.htm
hwkkix

Post by hwkkix »

I want to put programmable thermostats both upstairs (Zone 1) and finished basement (zone 2) for the EWC-ST-2E capable of controlling both heat and cool. Upstairs has 6 wires and down has 3.

Can you tell me the correct thermostat models for each?

THank you.
Pcyrana

Post by Pcyrana »

For the basement zone (Zone 2) you can use any off the shelf 24v Conventional Thermostat.
For the zone 1 thermostat you will need to use one with a seperate O and seperate B.
The Honeywell TH-4110D will work. It is a programmable thermostat that is redialy available.
bradjmarr

Post by bradjmarr »

Hello - I am looking at thermostats and considering the Nest. I too have the EWC-ST control panel. Will the Nest work with that panel? If not, what control panel would be operable with the Nest in both of my zones, 1 and 2?

Thank you,
Brad
hancox

Post by hancox »

So, finally getting around to installing my thermostat replacements (of course, when it turns colder...)

My upstairs Robert Shaw thermo has:
White --> W
Red --> R
Black --> B

...seems like an exact match to the TH4110D1007, so hopefully cake.

The downstairs Honeywell has:
White --> 4
Red --> 5
Black --> 6

...in the same general pattern. Is this just as easy? (ie R to R, W to W, B to B on the TH4110D1007?)

I'm keeping the MCS-DXB as-is, as it gives me a nice reason to replace my filter 2x a year.
Pcyrana

Post by Pcyrana »

To Bradjmarr:

If you would like to use the nest thermostat on both zone one and zone two you would want to go with the model NCM-300.
That zone panel will work with single stage compressors. If you have a 2 stage compressor you would want the model BMPlus3000.
bradjmarr

Post by bradjmarr »

Hi Patrick -
How do I determine if I have a 1 or 2 stage compressor? How much do you sell both panels for? I tried calling customer service, but I constantly get a bust signal.

Thanks,
Brad
Pcyrana

Post by Pcyrana »

What is the model number of your outdoor unit? It should be on a plate on the unit itself.
As far as prices go, you will have to get your cost from a distributor near you that sells our product.
We do not sell direct. We only sell to wholesale distributors.
If you tell me where you are located I can help you find a few in your area.
txyannd

Post by txyannd »

Hi, I have EWC-ST-2D and a conventional gas forced hot air system with A/C, no heat pump. I am trying to install TH4110 thermostat, and I was wondering if anyone know what is the correct system type I need to set on TH4110. I think it's 0, Gas, oil, or electric heat with air conditioning, but I've noticed that the wiring for EWC-ST-2D used the O, B wires which the heat pump system used.
Pcyrana

Post by Pcyrana »

You are correct. The system type will be set to 0 for gas. You will still connect to the O and B terminals as shown in the technical bulletin.
The ST panel uses the default logic of the O and B relay to control Heating and Cooling in zone two.