Rattle in MA-ND4 Acuator Damper

Post your questions and comments here.
Dragon

Rattle in MA-ND4 Acuator Damper

Post by Dragon »

Hello,
I have a MA-ND4 actuator and damper installed on my air handler. When the system calls for AC the damper functions (opens and closes) just fine.

The issue I have is that when the blower on the unit increases speed for the AC airflow the damper rattles. I am getting some kind of flutter in the blades and it is noisy enough to hear upstairs through the duct vents.

What can I do to the unit to eliminate this rattling?
Eric K.

Re: Rattle in MA-ND4 Acuator Damper

Post by Eric K. »

Does this occur if all zones are open or when it is the only zone calling?

Is there a by-pass damper installed on this system?

Eric
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Yes, there is a bypass damper.

There are 2 zones supplied by 4 dampers. One zone is the 1st floor and the 2nd is the basement.

The problem occurs when only the primary upstairs zone is running. Off the top of my head I cannot verify 100% if the rattle is also occurring when the downstairs zone is calling. I will force it to run tonight with the downstairs on to confirm if the rattle also occurs under those conditions.
Eric K.

Post by Eric K. »

Please contact me at the number below.

Eric
hobscheidt@yahoo.com

Post by hobscheidt@yahoo.com »

I also have rattling with my MA-ND5, loudest when all other zones are satisfied and the heat pump is on a lower fan speed. The noise is coming from the rivets in the damper. Any suggestions?
Ric
Site Admin

Post by Ric »

Hobscheidt,

Finding the cause of a rattle can be a difficult process. We can guide you through troubleshooting the problem. Please contact Paul in tech support by calling EWC Controls at 732-446-3110 ext. 490.
Squitich35

Post by Squitich35 »

Ric wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:22 am Hobscheidt,

Finding the cause of a rattle can be a difficult process. We can guide you through troubleshooting the problem. Please contact Paul in tech support by calling EWC Controls at 732-446-3110 ext. 490.
lots of thanks Ric, i really appreciate this. if i would have some questions, can i ask you directly?
Last edited by Squitich35 on Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ric
Site Admin

Post by Ric »

Squitich35,

Paul handles the direct trouble shooting. Please call him at 732-446-3110 ext. 490.