Heat and cooling on at same time

Post your questions and comments here.
mario

Heat and cooling on at same time

Post by mario »

Guys and gals;
My BMPlus3000 which has been operating without any issus for few years, all of the sudden started calling for heat and cooling at same time.
This only happens when I call for heat. Y1 and W1 come on at same time, see attached image.
Calling for cooling works just fine.

Any ideas or fixes?

Thanks,
Mario
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Erik W.

Re: Heat and cooling on at same time

Post by Erik W. »

Mario,

Is this a heat pump or is this a heat pump or straight air conditioning with a gas furnace?

Erik Wnoroski
EWC Controls, Inc.
385 State Route 33
Englishtown, NJ 07726
800-446-3110 ext 483
mario

Post by mario »

The board is configured for single unit combo heat & A/C unit with zone dampers.
In reality the actual system is 2 stage heat, where radiant heat is first stage. Only when there is a 5deg F. delta, will the second stage kicks on, but that's handled thru RC2000 T-Stats. To my recollection, controller board doesn't know anything about first stage and it only called into service when second stage on the T-Stat kicks in and of cause during cooling mode.
Erik W.

Post by Erik W. »

Mario,

An issue like the one you are seeing is better off being troubleshot over the phone rather than the forum. If you could please give me a call at the number below I will gladly help you rectify your issue. Please have a voltage meter and a pocket screwdriver handy.

Erik Wnoroski
EWC Controls, Inc.
385 State Route 33
Englishtown, NJ 07726
800-446-3110 ext 483