Wifi Thermostats with EWC-ST-2E

Post your questions and comments here.
przeller

Wifi Thermostats with EWC-ST-2E

Post by przeller »

I have an EWC-ST-2E 2 zone system with older mercury based thermostats. I tried installing a Honeywell Wifi programmable thermostat and had no luck. After reading some of these posts, I can see it is not a compatible thermostat. Something about O/B connections I think.

This is at our lake home and I would really like to be able to remotely monitor temp. Are there any compatible Wifi based thermostats with my system? I do not have a hard wired internet connection near the thermostat so the internet based thermostat would not work I don't believe.
Erik W.

Re: Wifi Thermostats with EWC-ST-2E

Post by Erik W. »

You need a thermostat with separate o and b terminals to operate that board. You could use the CT 30 from Radio Thermostats of America
rjank

Post by rjank »

Besides the Radio Thermostats of America, are there any other wifi thermostats compatible with the EWC ST-2E 2 zone controller (without using a separate heat/cool switch)?
Erik W.

Post by Erik W. »

to my knowledge the only one available is from radio tstats of america
bmolina

Post by bmolina »

HI,
Im looking to install Timewarnercable intelligent home in my place. They provide Centralite HA (P/N 3156106) wifi thermostats (user manual here: http://www.centralite.com/helpdesk/down ... ?kb_att=41). Would these work with a EWC-ST-2E control board?

Thanks!
Paul Z.

Post by Paul Z. »

The best thing is to replace the board with a upgraded board. Other wise there will be wiring changes to make. Call the office 1-800-446-3110-X490.
lainghk

Post by lainghk »

I too have a EWC-ST-2E and would like to upgrade my White Rogers 1F80-361 to either Nest or Honeywell Lyric. Based on everything I read on this forum, my only choices are 1) adding MCS-DXB to EWC-ST-2E and relatively complex wiring changes (not recommended by EWC), or 2) replacing EWC-ST-2E by NCM-300 and no (or minimum) wiring changes (recommended by EWC)? Thanks in advance.
Paul Z.

Post by Paul Z. »

Yes that is right, changing the board is the best.
lainghk

Post by lainghk »

Can the board replacement be done by a homeowner? Will that void the warranty of NCM-300?
lainghk

Post by lainghk »

I haven't gotten the chance to replace my EWC-ST-2E with a NCM-300 yet. But I have to switch to from cool to heat today. I have Nest as my slave thermostat (White Rogers is still my master thermostat). All of a sudden Nest (slave) gets no power from either Rc or Rh when the master is switched from cool to heat. I switched the White Rogers (master) from heat back to cool and verified the Nest (slave) is again getting power on Rc or Rh.

Question -- how do I get the slave only to work with EWC-ST-2E? Or I have to switch the ultrazone to NCM-300 even for that purpose?