Fan will not shut off

Post your questions and comments here.
mstella

Fan will not shut off

Post by mstella »

Hello, We are not able to turn the fan off on our unit without actually cutting the power. The fan is set to auto and it doesn't matter if the heat or ac is off or on. Is there a switch that needs to be replaced or something easy I can do?
Thanks,
Mike
Eric K.

Re: Fan will not shut off

Post by Eric K. »

Do you have an Ultra-Zone control panel installed? If so, what is the Model of the panel?

Eric
mstella

Post by mstella »

Hi Eric,

We do, it is about 2 years old. I don't know too much about it and I am not home at the moment but judging by the photo's on your site it is the HK2000.

Thanks,
Mike
Eric K.

Post by Eric K. »

Mike,

Check the position of the fan switches on your Thermostats and make sure they are in the auto position not the On position. If the fan continues to run, please call me while you are home so we can troubleshoot the system. Hopefully it is something simple. You can reach me at the number below. I look forward to assisting you.

Eric
mstella

Post by mstella »

Hi Eric,

I spoke to you the other day on the phone and you helped me determine that it was the furnace controller that needs to be replaced. I have a plumber that said he would replace it but now he is blowing me off becuase it is a small job and the part us under warranty so he can't mark it up. If I get the replacement board is this something I can replace on my own if I match up all of the leads and connections to the existing one? I have a newborn here and the fan is cooling the house when the heat isn't on. I am fairly mechanically inclined so I don't mind trying, I wasn't sure if there was more to it than just replacing the board.
Thanks,
Mike
Eric K.

Post by Eric K. »

Mike,

EWC Controls Inc. recommends having a qualified service contractor replace/repair any components within the HVAC system.