honeywell zone damper zd 24x8

Post your questions and comments here.
oilman

honeywell zone damper zd 24x8

Post by oilman »

hi i just tried to replace an old ewc zone damper with a honeywell zd 24 x 8 with 2 wires on the motor.
the problem is that i have 3 wires to deal with, and the damper i have is spring open, power close. the control panel is pretty old, i'd say 15 to 20 yrs old? i think it could be st-2 model. can this damper be used with this panel? or do i have to get one like the old damper?
Pcyrana

Re: honeywell zone damper zd 24x8

Post by Pcyrana »

That ST series panel should have the terminals M1, M4 and M6 on each zone motor terminal blocks.
The two wires on the zone motor will connect to the terminals M1 and M6.
This will force the damper to power close at the correct times.
truman

Post by truman »

I have a ewc ncm 300 controler 3 zone system , stat in basement,stat on 1st flr,stat on 2nd flr,when stat and zone valves on 1st flr and 2nd flr call for heat zone valves open for each, when basement stat is used it opens zone valves on the 1st and 2nd floors and nothing happens to basement zone valve. replaced basement zone valve still does not work. did not check voltage on basement zone valve but why is basement zone valve opening zone valves on the 1st and 2nd floors? steve r
truman
Pcyrana

Post by Pcyrana »

Steve,

What type of heat do you have?
If it hot water heat or forced air?
When you call for heat on the basement zone only what lights are lit on the NCM-300?
What are the model numbers of the motors that are mounted on the zone dampers?

All of this will help in finding a solution to your problem.

Patrick
Usman123

Post by Usman123 »

Thanks Patrick...

I also need to make some adjustments to get rid of a whistling sound when only my loft system is activated.
I have a bypass damper installed that returns excess air to my return duct.

Decrease your exam stress by using our latest Testking how to study for mcat and best quality Testking ibm db2 training We provide with 100% pass guarantee along with flsouthern.edu and passguide. Berkeley College
Last edited by Usman123 on Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Z.

Post by Paul Z. »

Wire damper to board using M1&M6. will power close. M1&M4 will power open.