MA-ND3 stuck?

Post your questions and comments here.
mmlittle

MA-ND3 stuck?

Post by mmlittle »

Hi,

I have a house about 4 years old now. I've got two zones driven with MA-ND3 actuators. The downstairs zone seems to be working fine - when I turn the AC off the damper closes and the light on the MA-ND3 turn red and the little arrow moves all the way to the left. When I turn the downstairs thermostat on the arrow moves a little beyond the half way point, the green light comes on air blows fine.

The upstairs is a different story. The light always seems to be stuck on green, and the little arrow is always stuck all the way to the left, the control panel says the damper is open, but no air blows.

I'm assuming this actuator is blown, but could it be stuck or dirty or in need of a reset or something?

Also don't these things come with 5 year warranties? If so, how do I cash in on that?

Thanks,
Eric K.

Re: MA-ND3 stuck?

Post by Eric K. »

Please call 800-446-3110 (Mon-Fri 8am-5pm Eastern) while you are home, to troubleshoot the problem damper. Further troubleshooting will determine if the motor is defective or not. Please have a small screwdriver and a multi-meter(if possible) handy when you call.

There is a 5 year warranty on Zone Dampers, if the motor proves to be defective we can send a replacement unit. I look forward to assisting you.

Eric