2 Stage Furnace with 1 stage T-stat

Post your questions and comments here.
dcdrew20

2 Stage Furnace with 1 stage T-stat

Post by dcdrew20 »

I have a goodman 2 stage gmvc96 furnace with ewc bmp3000 zone controller. They put in a 1 stage programmable tstat. The way I see it the EWC controller is timer based between first and second stage, so if desired temp is not reached by the set time, the second stage will fire at the set higher temp. How does the EWC work with the 1 stage tstat in this scenario... I come home from work early when the tstat is set to 58, I want it to be 70 so I adjust the tsat manually, the EWC module is set to stage 1 for 40 min, I want the house warmed quickly. The EWC controller will stay in the lower stage 1 for the 40 minutes, and my house only gets up to 65 in that time or does the EWC module know that the tstat was manually adjusted? Wouldn't it be better form me to have a 2 stage tstat along with the EWC bmp3000, so that the heat is comfortable when you want it without having to wait so long? Another scenario with the 1 stage tstat is its very cold sleeping at night, you set the wake cycle to be 70. If the EWC stage 1 timer is set to 40 minutes, does the temp. not even get up to the desired level in time?
Paul Z.

Re: 2 Stage Furnace with 1 stage T-stat

Post by Paul Z. »

Give me a call 1800 446-3110X490